The Center for Christian Counseling is designed to serve individuals, couples, families, and congregations. Our goals are…
- To make Biblical counseling from licensed mental health professionals accessible to anyone who has need, regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
- To prevent individual, relational and community dysfunction by providing on-going Christian counseling services to clients, churches, and organizations.
- To encourage wholeness of mind and spirit by providing educational resources that combine Biblical wisdom with effective mental health practices.
Available to All
Based on the Biblical principle of Christian community, a flexible fee schedule is set up so that the Body of Christ can minister to one another. Fees are based on a sliding scale of a client’s gross monthly income. Those who have ability, pay a “going rate.” Amounts paid above the cost of a session are donated to the Counseling Scholarship Fund. When a client cannot pay for services, the therapist is paid from the Counseling Scholarship Fund. No one requesting counseling services is turned away based on their ability to pay.
A Distinctive Way to Bring Hope and Healing
Now individuals, couples, and families can find counselors who are committed to providing therapy using Scriptures combined with sound mental health practices to encourage and guide clients in their progress toward healing with issues such as:
The Center for Christian Counseling also provides Biblically based support groups throughout the week. Please feel free to contact our therapists to discuss the following groups:
- For Compulsive Eating/Emotional Eating Groups, call Margie (804)517-5815
- If you are interested in participating in a men’s addiction group, call Alec (804)356-8014
Every other year, the Center for Christian Counseling presents an educational seminar that addresses a relevant issue facing Christians. It is our desire for you to grow in Christ and mature in Him through the equipping that the Fall Forums provide. In 2010, our Fall Forum topic was How to Help Someone Who is Dealing with Alcohol Problems, focusing on education on alcoholism and how Christ calls us to love and interact with someone who is trapped in alcoholism. In 2012, our Fall Forum topic was Real Relationships, Real Sex, focusing on God’s design for passion in marriage. Our next Fall Forum will be in 2014.
Uniquely Qualified Counselors
In order to provide the highest quality of Christian counseling, the therapists at the Center are licensed to practice in Virginia as professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, and social workers. Each therapist also affirms a shared statement of faith. Therapists use a wide range of helpful therapeutic interventions which are based on reliable behavioral research as well as on sound Biblical principles. On a regular basis, our therapists meet together to discuss relevant research and to review that research in regard to its consistency with Scripture. A key part of our therapy is prayer for clients. Therapists meet regularly to pray for clients and for their healing in Christ.